First he sanded it smooth.
Then he stained it using Special Walnut colour.
Then we found a bird image online, enlarged it to the size we wanted it and printed. We cut the bird out and he put in on the stool and traced around using chalk.
We were going to use homemade chalk paint, but we found the exact colour of paint he wanted in artist acrylic paint and it only took one good coat to cover it. After we left it to dry overnight two coats of polyacrylic were applied with a light sanding with 220 sandpaper in between.
I hope you agree the finished product is something to be proud of.
If you don't want to miss future posts, go to the right sidebar and subscribe by email or to follow. Make my day and LIKE us on Facebook